Hey Everyone! Ken here with Ken's Kreations.
One of my favorite things to do is to make people laugh and my go to place is some-e-cards. I think the combination of vintage photos and witty words is so funny!! So when I forgot a family members birthday I knew this was the style of card I wanted to make and with my Cricut Explore this process took minutes!
Cricut has the perfect cartridge for this card! The cartridge was released during the age of the Cricut Imagine and includes both images and digital papers. The cartridge is called The Good Old Days and you can now purchase it in digital format to use on your Cricut Explore. The The Good Old Days features vintage images reminiscent of the 50's with coordinating digital papers! Lets start this card:
1) Start with a blue base cut at 5.5W X 4.25 H
2) In Design Space bring in the FREE basic square shape and re size also to 5.5W X 4.25W.
3)In the layers tab click on the Scissors and change the image from CUT to PRINT
4) Once in the PRINT panel, click on PATTERNS and look for the patterns on the The Good Old Days.
5) Search for the image of the guy above on the The Good Old Days cartridge and bring this into Design Space. This images has different layers that you can turn on and off. I made sure to print the main image of the entire guy, the guy without the background and the microphone by itself. This way I could layer the image.
6) The word bubble came from the Word Bubble Digital Set and I used the Cricut Variety Pen Set to write the sentiment in the bubble.
6) Print all of these item on White Premium Cardstock with a High Quality Printer. In the print setting on your printer make sure to select "Photo Paper" as this will print the highest quality print.
8) Wrap a piece of Red Ribbon along the bottom of the card.
8) Use Foam Tape to raise the different levels of the guy and word bubble up from the card.
I love how fun and light this card turned out. Plus it got me out of trouble for forgetting the his birthday!
Make sure you do not miss out on any Ken's Kreations Post! Follow Me Here:
Help Support Ken's Kreations By Shopping At This Links:
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product using the link I may receive a commission. I only participate in affiliate programs for products that I use or can recommend. Thanks for supporting Ken's Kreations