Everyone can here with Ken's Kreations!
Recently I was asked to partake in a take out box challenge by the Cricut Explorers Group. We were given a takeout box file and asked to decorate it with something that inspired us. One of my favorite movies of all times is Monsters Inc. So it only seems natural to create a takeout box inspired by the two main characters. Using my Cricut Explore, Best Of Pixar, Cricut Design Space Basic Shapes and the 3D Box, I was able to match these iconic characters.
For this project I've given you both of the Cricut Design Space links where I designed Sulley and Mike. Both of these file URLs can be found in my Patreon Group on Facebook. If you are not a Patron, take a look at This Video to see how for a dollar you get access to all of my files. In order for me to share that link I had to replace the 3D Box with a takeout box found in the Cricut Library. So this gives you the option to either use the 3-D takeout box found in this project or you can replace it with the 3D Box SVG file.
2) These have already been sized for you, hit go in Cricut Design Space.
3) Choose the paper you want to work with. I have fallen in love with the Craft Smith Cardstock that you can find at Michael's. I given you the links down below in the shopping list, however you can find it much cheaper on sale at Michael's usually 70% off.
4) For this project you will need this Scoring Tool. Insert the Scoring Tool into clamp A, and then follow Cricut Design Space instructions.
5) Sometimes your Cardstock might be too thick to get a perfect score on the Cricut Explore. If this is the case use a Scoring Board to make your score lines more defined.
6) Construct your 3D Box. Click Here for a video that gives you a detailed walk-through on how to assemble the 3D Box.
7) now let's decorate our boxes!
10) For the Monsters eyes I I used the Spectrum Noir Glitter Markers.
11) Run the eyes and all remaining pieces through your Xyron Creative Station.
12) Once you have all of your pieces secured to your 3D Box, use Twinkling H2O's on Sulley's fur patches.
I just love how these boxes turned out. Make sure to join the Cricut Explorers Group so you can partake in this month Challenge. CLICK HERE to join the group.
If you would like the Cricut Design Space Files for these take out boxes, make sure to join my Patreon Group. For just a dollar you'll get access to a ton of different Cricut Design Space files and SVG files.
Make sure you do not miss out on any Ken's Kreations Post! Follow Me Here:
Help Support Ken's Kreations By Shopping At This Links:
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product using the link I may receive a commission. I only participate in affiliate programs for products that I use or can recommend. Thanks for supporting Ken's Kreations