Hey everyone! Ken here with Ken's Kreations!
Whenever I have the opportunity to go to a kiddo's birthday, I always ask the parents what new cartoon they are watching. This way I can make them a card to match their current favorite TV Show. Well, for my nephew Alex's birthday, I was told he was obsessed with PJ Mask. Well, since I had no idea what this show was about, I was on a mission to obtain enough information to make a card. If you have no idea who these guys are either, I encourage you to take a peek HERE. Now that I knew who they were, I could make the perfect card.
1) Download the SVG files PJ Buddies by Clicking Here. Import this into Design Space. If you are not sure how to import images into Design Space, CLICK HERE to watch my video.
2) For this specific design I also used the city skyscrapers background which can be found on the Going Places Cricut Image Set.
3) I designed the card in Design Space for both the inside and outside of the card.
4) For the background of the card, I cut a piece of Bristol Cardstock at 5.5 X 4.25. I use these type of paper anytime I will be using any kind of ink and distressing.
5) I created the background by using a combination of Distress Inks. The easiest way to apply this to the Bristol Cardstock is to use the Distress Blending Tool.
6) I finished the look by spraying the entire background with Shimmer Spray and flicked it with my White Derwent Pen.
7) I cut the the PJ Buddies using Neenah Cardstock. These will produce many pieces. I like to ink my edges by using the Distress Blending Tool and different colors of Distress Inks.
8) Once all edges have been inked run each piece through your Xyron Sticker Maker and assemble the characters.
9) For the characters eyes, I personally use the White Signo Pen.
10) Raise up the center character using Foam Dots.
I normally do not do any designing on the inside of my cards, but for this card I really wanted to feature the PJ Mask logo. I also wanted to customize their usually logo to something that involved Alex's name.
1) The logo is just downloaded from google images and uploaded into Design Space. For this I used the Print-Then-Cut feature of the Cricut Explore Air 2.
4) Run this die with black cardstock through your Cuttlebug Machine.
This card was a HUGE hit, and now I know more about what cartoons are HIP with the toddlers!
I have listed all of the supplies and files I used to make this card down below. Please use the links below to shop and by doing so you will be helping support Ken's Kreations!!
Remember caring is sharing and I would love for you to share this post. Don't forget you can support Ken's Kreations by shopping though any of the links on this page or following my social media channels.
PRODUCTS USED IN THE PROJECT:
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product using the link I may receive a commission at no cost to you. I only participate in affiliate programs for products that I use or can recommend. Thanks for supporting Ken's Kreations